Welcome to Campus Diaries.com!
This user agreement is an agreement between you and Campus Diaries Media and Communications Private Limited ("Campus Diaries" or "we" or "us" as the context requires) governing the your use of Campus Diaries' products, software, services with the characteristics and features as described on the Campus Diaries website (referred to as the "Services" in these terms and conditions of use. Campus Diaries may have subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities around the world ("Subsidiaries and Affiliates"), providing the Services to you on behalf of Campus Diaries. You acknowledge and agree that Subsidiaries and Affiliates will be entitled to provide the Services to you.
This Agreement applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users"). If you do not agree with the terms contained in this Agreement, you are not permitted to use the Campus Diaries Website and we will not be liable for any consequences arising from your unauthorized use.
Campus Diaries provides a place for people to communicate with others in their work, school or community networks (each, a "Network") in real time.
Campus Diaries grants you permission to use the Service as set forth in this Agreement, provided that: (i) you will not copy, distribute, or disclose any part of the Service in any medium; (ii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Service other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for its intended purpose; and (iii) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You will need to register with Campus Diaries and create a “Member” account. Your account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion.
By using the Services and completing the registration process you warrant that all the data provided by you is accurate and complete. You must provide your full legal name, valid email address and any other information requested from you in order to complete the registration process and be entitled to use the Services.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. You are also solely responsible and liable to Campus Diaries for all activities that take place or occur under your account.
Membership/Registration on the Campus Diaries Website
Once you complete registration on the Campus Diaries Website you will be a member which:
- allows you to access and post content on the Campus Diaries Website
- allows you to make use of the Services on the Campus Diaries Website subject to these terms and conditions
- does not allow you to use email addresses displayed on the Campus Diaries Website for any purpose other than that specifically authorized by us
By providing Campus Diaries your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may use your Notifications Settings to opt out of many Service-related communications. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by changing the by sending us an email at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
Grant of Licence
Subject to these terms and conditions of use, Campus Diaries grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable limited right and license for you to access and use the Services solely for the purpose permitted, including but not limited to storing or otherwise using or sharing your documents, files, schedules, minutes or other data.
Privacy and Your Personal Information
Uploading material to the Campus Diaries Website
Whenever you make use of the Services (or any feature or part of the Services) that allows you to upload material on the website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must comply with the content standards set out below. The content standards apply to each part of a contribution as well as to its whole. Your contribution must be accurate where it states facts, be genuinely held (where it states opinions), comply with the law applicable in any country from which it is posted; and be relevant to your posting or use of the Services.
Restrictions on Content
Your contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Violate the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1861, the Information Technology Act, 2000 or other applicable laws containing offences relating to content that is publicly accessible;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- Be such that it is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Be content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- Contain any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Restriction on Use of Services
You are not permitted to and shall not do any of the following acts the breach of which shall entitled Campus Diaries to terminate your use of the Services, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies we may have against you:
- Distribute, sell, supply, modify, adapt, amend, incorporate, merge or otherwise alter the Services and all content provided to you as part of the Service;
- Attempt to decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise disassemble any Service or content provided to you as part of the Services or the website;
- Attempt to copy any software provided to you as part of the Services or the website and in particular its source code, or attempt to decrypt any part of such software that is provided to you;
- Create any derivative work or version of any software provided by us in relation to or to facilitate your use of the Services or any content provided as part of the Services;
- Remove, from the Services or any content provided as part of the Services, any logo, copyright or proprietary notices, legends, symbols, labels, watermarks, signatures or any other like marks affixed to or embedded in the Services;
- Use the Services or any part of it to create a false identity, to impersonate any person or organization, or attempt to disguise the origin of any content.
Rights Reserved to Campus Diaries
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who validly claims and provides evidence that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Services.
- We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out above.
- We have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any violation of these terms and conditions to the fullest extent of the law and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these terms and conditions.
- While we have no obligation to monitor your access to or your use of the Services (or any feature or part of the Services), we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the website and providing the Services, to ensure your compliance with these terms and conditions, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
- We have the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content from any Service. For some of the Services, Campus Diaries may (but shall be under no obligation to) provide tools to filter out explicit sexual content.
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce these terms and conditions, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Campus Diaries, its users and the public. Campus Diaries will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to introduce or change the prices of all Services upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the terms and conditions of use or the Service itself.
- Campus Diaries shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Breach of Content Standards
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Services;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution already posted on the website using the Services, upon your failure to cure the breach that is brought to your notice.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. You agree that you are solely and exclusively responsible for any and all contact that you create, transmit or display while using the Services and you are solely and exclusively liable for the consequence of your actions (including any loss or damage which Campus Diaries may suffer). Campus Diaries exercises no control over the content posted on the website using the Services. Your use of the content accessed or displayed using the Services is entirely at your own risk.
A search using the Services may produce results and links to sites and content that you may find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive and we accept no liability of responsibility for any such content. It is also possible that your use of the Services will return to you information regarding products, merchants and links to websites of third parties selling the product information requested by you.
You acknowledge and agree that Campus Diaries is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of such external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
You shall be responsible for monitoring your content, documents and other data an shall be liable to us for ensuring that the content transferred to or handled by or within Services does not infringe any third party rights. You warrant that you possess such necessary licenses as may be required in order to process your content or use the Services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Campus Diaries shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other web sites or resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Campus Diaries does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Content License From You
Some areas of the Service may allow Users to post news, feedback, comments, questions, data, documents, pictures and other information (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for your User Content that you upload, publish, display, link to or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. Campus Diaries will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such User Content except as provided herein or in our http://campusdiaries.com/privacy or as may be required by law. If a Network belongs to a company or an organization, all such User Content is the property of the company or the organization to which the Network belongs (including all User Content posted to a specific Group or Groups within a Network). For all other networks (Public or Private), all such User Content is owned by the User who posted it to the Service. In either case, Campus Diaries does not have, nor does it claim, any ownership rights in any User Content.
By utilizing the Service, you agree to have the domain portion of your email address (“@yourcorp.com”) and/or the company, school, or organization name represented by such domain portion of your email address, listed on the Campus Diaries website in a network directory listing (“Directory”). Customers who do not want to be included in such published Directory should set their networks as “Private”.
You understand that Campus Diaries, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Campus Diaries to take these actions.
You confirm and warrant to Campus Diaries that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
Each Network may have one or more individuals who are responsible for overseeing the use of, and monitoring the content posted to, such Network (the “Network Administrator”).
From time to time, Users may be asked to confirm their account on the Network via an email message containing a hyperlink to the User’s Network email address. If such account is not reconfirmed, the account is removed. Once a User is removed from a Network, the content of that User remains on the Network and is the sole property of the company, which administers that Network.
Users should follow their particular company’s policies, guidelines, and procedures concerning the Content they post to the Service. Users may delete their own User Content from the Network, so long as they are a Member of that Network. Network Administrators may delete the User Content of one or more Users in their Network.
Limitation of Liability
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, our Subsidiaries and Affiliates and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms, which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Services, our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Services or our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Our liability to you shall under all circumstances be limited to a maximum of the amount paid by you (if any) at the time of registration on our website to use the Services.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Information Technology Act, 2000 (and any amendments). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking – to the Campus Diaries Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Additional Terms for Widget, API, Desktop Application and Mobile Application
You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable right to access the Widget, API, Mobile Application, Desktop Application, the Services and Data for the purpose of enabling you or other users to access the Campus Diaries services via 3rd party software or website. Any use of the Widget, API, Mobile Application, Desktop Application, including use of the API through a third-party software or website that accesses the Services, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
You agree that You are solely responsible for (and that We have no responsibility to You or to any third party for) any services and/or products You provide through any 3rd party software.
You expressly understand and agree that We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if We has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the Widget, API, Mobile Application and Desktop Application,
You will not use the API to create software that sends unsolicited communications (whether commercial or otherwise) to any third party.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the API (or any part thereof), Widget, Desktop Application and Mobile with or without notice.
Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the Widget, API, Desktop Application and Mobile Application may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access. We, in our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof), Widget, Desktop Application and Mobile.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information and User Content from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information and User Content for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Ownership of trademarks/service marks
Campus Diaries and CampusDiaries.com, are trade marks of Campus Diaries and must not be used by you unless specifically licensed to do so, under the terms of a written license agreement between you and us.
Inactive accounts & Termination
We can terminate your account on the Campus Diaries Website if you do not access it or it remains inactive for a period of 90 days or more. Following such termination, we can stop displaying some or all of the content posted/uploaded by you. If you account has been terminated for inactivity, you will have to complete the registration process as a new user to be able to access and use the Services.
The high court of Karnataka shall have sole jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to/use of the Campus Diaries Website, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of any of these terms and conditions in your country of residence, country of use or other relevant country. These terms and conditions of use are governed by the laws of India.